Thursday, December 6, 2012

Vintage Christmas Card # 4

When I first looked at today's card I didn't like it very much, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. It's definitely grown on me. What do you think?

No 67 from an original painted with the foot by R. A. Toivanen.

(more on Risto, that's what the R stands for, here)

I reckon the candle holders look like they're made out of the same bubbly glass as the Festivo candle holders designed by Timo Sarpaneva for Iittala in 1966. Maybe that's why I changed my mind...



I'm probably drawing a really long bow, but I need to pad this post out some how!

(image via)


And in other news, look, we have our first Magnolia Little Gem flower

I can't tell you how excited I am about this!

(just wish my blog had scratch 'n sniff - the perfume is heavenly!)


x

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Magnolia! I like the Christmas card - it reminds me of ones I used to get when I was little with candles, and stars on them.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnolias are one of my favourites- they smell so lovely.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a great imagination and can smell it from here in hot hot hot sunny qld.... love your blog and happy to be a new follower.
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yip, those candlesticks are very similar.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those plants. Are they tricky and can they cope with heat?
    It's like an oven around here lately!
    I've always kind of fancied those candle holders but haven't come across them in the oppy yet although I did find some of the glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very enjoyable series, Kylie. I've just read Adelaide's comment to the Campbell's egg/chicken dish in the last post. Hillarious. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the card is lovely and bright. I can just imagine the smell from your magnolia :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I love everything in this post, the card, the magnolia and last but not least- the Festivo candleholders! They remind me of home, my mum got a pair of those from my dad in the early seventies. I envy you guys your warm weather, it's freezing here right now!
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your magnolia is definitely something to celebrate - its precious! Like you I'm in two minds about the card - I think I'd need to mull over it a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This painting is probably my least favourite of the bunch so far, but it's still OK! And yes, it is very reminiscent of those candlesticks.
    Your magnolia looks beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Def an image to grow on you. But once it does, it's super charming. Loving the card images and more this season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do like that card indeed and yes I wish you had smellorama that magnolia looks divine. xx

    ReplyDelete